08 November 2007

Welcome to Athens!

I have often wondered why some people tend to be lucky - good things happen to them all the time and they seem to bump into all the good people. Whereas there are others who seem to end up with all the bad things. There is a reason for this. Following story explains it well:

Socrates was sitting outside of the gates of Athens when a man came up to him and said, ‘I am thinking about moving into Athens. Can you please tell me what it is like to live here?’ Socrates replied,’ I would be happy to tell you, but first would you please tell me what it was like in your previous home city?’

The man quickly roared, ‘Oh, it was awful. The people stab you in the back and rob you blind. I am not leaving any friends, only enemies.’ Socrates frowned and sadly continued,’ Well, you best be on your way because you will find the same thing here in Athens.'

A little while later another man stopped to speak to Socrates and inquired,’ I was considering moving here to Athens. Can you tell me what it is like to live here?’ Socrates again replied,’ I would be happy to tell you, but first would you please tell me what it was like in your previous home city?’

The man smiled and said, “Where I come from, the people all work together and help each other. Kindness is everywhere and you are never treated with anything but the utmost respect.’ Welcome to Athens,’ smiled Socrates,’ You will find the same thing here.'

No comments:

'Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year' - a movie review

Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year In 2009, Ranbir Kapoor became a star in the true sense. His " Wake Up Sid ", " Ajab Prem ...