26 December 2007

Small things...

I have been in an introspective mood these last few days. Perhaps that is why I feel the need to pen down my thoughts on this blog in such rapid succession.

I find that little things in life have the power to give one much pleasure-

  • The smile on my neighbour's child's face when I gifted him a toy unexpectedly.
  • The look of satisfaction on my hubby's face when I went to see his favorite movie even though I didn't expect to like it much myself.
  • The look of wonder on my dad's face when I typed an important and lengthy email for him in 5 minutes (supersonic speed by his standard).
  • The pleasure of having learned something new on my mother's face when I taught her how to reply to an email.
  • The happiness a stranger feels when a child smiles and reaches out to him / her as a gesture of trust & acceptance.
  • The pride in a parent's eye when his/her son or daughter(no matter how old) is praised or lauded unexpectedly.
  • The feeling of being lucky when one reaches one's destination much ahead of anticipated time after a long journey.
  • The look of pleased surprise on your parent's face when you gift them their favorite old-time actor's autobiography or a VCD of their favorite songs.
  • The feeling of contentment when all ones' dear ones get along harmoniously like a well-oiled machine.

4 comments:

Random Blogger 3 (Amit Shirodkar) said...

Small but beautiful list. This is a good article. You make writing look easy - keep up the good work!!

This piece reminds me of this quote:

"What hunger is in relation to food, zest is in relation to life."
--Bertrand Russell

Swapna Kolhatkar said...

I liked your views. Indeed its true and more true when you read a friend's note and smile.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nilu,
Wish there were more like you in this world. Not only is this well written, it also gives us an insight into you. You are a wonderful human being, and looks like I missed the chance of knowing you better...

You know the art of making an impact with simple words. Keep up the good work:)
Seema Gaurav

Nilu said...

Hey Seema,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. It means a lot to me!

Nilu

'Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year' - a movie review

Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year In 2009, Ranbir Kapoor became a star in the true sense. His " Wake Up Sid ", " Ajab Prem ...