29 December 2008

This year I learned...

Year 2008 has been an eventful year of my life. I learned quite a few lessons of life in this year - some of them are personal and some are more generic.

Even when the seemingly most important people depart, life goes on. No one is indispensable.

Writing is the passion of my life and I should spend more time on this gift.

Friends are the the best investment of life. Though the returns from this investment are not immediate, they are longer lasting and bring far more happiness!

I finally figured out the purpose of my life (I hope!). I've been put on this earth to ease other peoples' miseries. The tool I've been given for this are my communication skills. I shall try my best to use this gift judiciously.

Though we make foolproof plans for our future; God has a way of overriding them.

There is no need to face life's miseries alone. God cannot be everywhere at once, hence He made family and friends.

Sharing one's pain halves it, whereas sharing one's happiness doubles it.

Human beings are resilient creatures. They can bounce back from almost anything and go on with life.

Hatred and resentment are the heaviest burdens to carry. Travel light in life by letting go of these.

It does not matter what or how much you know. Who you know matters most.

People may not remember your words or actions, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

As you sow, so you shall reap.

Do not focus on the reward, focus on the action. The reward will come automatically.


It is more difficult to bite your words than to give the most powerful/convincing argument.


If you don't respect yourself, no one else will. On a similar note, no one can make you feel miserable without your consent - not even God.

At the end of life it does not matter how much you earned or what your designation was. What matters is how many people genuinely cried for you at your funeral.

2 comments:

paamar said...

The last one - is it a lesson learnt ??? :) kidding.
btw, I would like to suggest consideration of a word for the last stmt : 'whom'. 'Whom' does it matter to ?

J P Joshi said...

Thank you for the list. There are quite a few lessons that I could learn from this list, specially the one, "People may not remember your words or actions, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

'Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year' - a movie review

Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year In 2009, Ranbir Kapoor became a star in the true sense. His " Wake Up Sid ", " Ajab Prem ...