16 January 2009

Cool quotes from poetry

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Robert Frost


"You're everything I never knew I always wanted"

Lit


Dreams are the eraser dust I blow off my page.
They fade into the emptiness, another dark gray day.
Dreams are only memories of the plans I had back then.
Dreams are eraser dust and now I use a pen.

Kelli Schmidt-Bultena


To open your eyes and see the sky is not enough. To open your ears is still not enough. For only if you open your mind will you hear the clouds whispering love's sweet songs and dancing together across the noisy sea.

Lennox, SD


I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Billy Joel


Only when I grew to love you did I understand the relativity of time; then, I wished to embrace you forever, hoping that eternity would last just a few minutes more.

Anthony Constantino


Today is only yesterday's tomorrow. Don't be too sure that things aren't what they seem. Alternatives are hard to find for sorrow. So use your head to muffle all your screams.

Lothar and the Hand People


What is that you express in your eyes? It seems to me more than all the words I have read in my life.

Walt Whitman


And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said: The words of the prophets are written
On the subway walls and tenement halls
And whispered in the sound of silence

Simon & Garfunkel, Sounds Of Silence


God bless our good and gracious King, Whose promise none relies on; Who never said a foolish thing, Nor ever did a wise one.

John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester


"Remember everything", she says when only the memory remains

Counting Crows


It's no secret that a conscience can sometimes be a pest
It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
All kill their inspiration and sing about the grief

Bono, U2


When you come to the end of everything you know, and the next step is into the depths of darkness of the great unknown, you must believe one of two things: Either you will step out onto firm ground or you will be taught to fly.

Patrick Overton


A true friend is the one who knows the song in your heart and sings you the song when you're torn apart


Love isn't like a reservoir. You'll never drain it dry... Its much more like a natural spring. The longer and farther it flows, the stronger and deeper it becomes

Unknown


Society is an eternal night
pierced by single stars glowing in a
never-ending Darkness

Ben Rifkin


If you love something, let it go.
If it comes back to you, it's yours.
If it doesn't, it never was.

DMX website


I hope everybody can find a little flame
Me, I say my prayers,
then just light myself on fire
and walk out on the wire once again

Counting Crows, "Goodnight Elizabeth"


I couldn't tell fact from fiction,
Or if the dream was true
My only sure prediction
In this world was you.
I'd touch your features inchly
Beard love and dared the cost,
The sented spiel reeled me unreal
And I found my senses lost.

Maya Angelou, "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings


Deep hearts, wise minds, take life as God has made it. It is a long trial; An unintelligible preparation for an unknown destiny. This destiny, the true one, begins for man at the first step in the interior of the tomb. There he begins to discern the definite. The definite, think of this word! The living see the infinite; the definite reveals itself only to the dead. Meantime, love and suffer, hope and contemplate. Woe, alas! to him who shall have loved forms, bodies, appearances only. Death will take all from him. Try to love souls, you shall find them again.

Victor Hugo - Les Miserables


And he piled upon the whales white hump. A sum of all the rage and hate felt by his own race.
If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Moby Dick, About Revenge and how it corrupted him to sacrifice his crew and ship.


Well I've been bound and gagged and I've been terrorized
And I've been castrated and I've been lobotomized
But never has my tormenter come in such a cunning disguise

I let love in
I let love in
[...]

So if you're sitting all alone and hear a-knocking at you door
and the air is full of promises, well
buddy, you've been warned
Far worse to be Love's lover than the lover that Love has scorned

I let love in
I let love in

Nick Cave, "Let Love In"



No comments:

'Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year' - a movie review

Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year In 2009, Ranbir Kapoor became a star in the true sense. His " Wake Up Sid ", " Ajab Prem ...