14 May 2021

Whatsapp status - the pandemic culture


 Ever since WFH got enforced since last year, I've gotten into the habit of updating my Whatsapp status daily. It is either an old or current click or its some thought / learning that resonated with me. 

Though I started this as a passtime it turned out to have many side effects! 

  • Apparently, it gave hope and inspiration to folks who could not handle the lockdown and pandemic.
  • It gave a chance for well wishers to reassure themselves about my well being.
  • A colleague commented that I was his social media icon! He checked my status daily though he never commented - it was his way of keeping in touch!
  • Someone challenged me by saying I am a showoff that's why I share pics everyday :)
  • Many others commented on some status or other and I realized that we thought similarly or felt strongly about certain common things!
  • For some it gave a semblance of normalcy in their routine to check my daily whatsapp status and if I stopped sharing they became anxious.
  • For some it was a source of entertainment and curiosity.
  • I managed to connect with so many disparate groups through that one medium - it was interesting to see who all checked my status :)

I had stopped this habit consciously as a new year resolution. But off late I have resumed it. 

No comments:

'Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year' - a movie review

Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year In 2009, Ranbir Kapoor became a star in the true sense. His " Wake Up Sid ", " Ajab Prem ...